Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This morning the ground was wet from the night's rain, so I walked for just a few minutes and then settled in a comfy wicker chair under the stars for my morning meditation.

It is amazing how calming a morning meditation becomes, and how it sets the tone for the rest of the day. This morning's meditation centered around gratitude, and I could go on for days naming all the things I am grateful for. When I start my "Gratitude List" it always starts the same - I am grateful for my Husband, I am grateful for our two beautiful Daughters, I am grateful for our Son-In-Law, and I am grateful for our three Grandsons!

After this wonderful start, my thoughts flow around so many things that I am grateful for. The stars, my health, the trees, my employment, the grass, beautiful music, my lovely home, moving to Tennessee, books, sunshine, and on and on and on. Then, as I move through my day, I find myself thinking over and over, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you." I actually wake up thinking "Thank you" and I fall asleep thinking the same. I have made it a habit to feel grateful, yet everytime I go through my "Gratitude List", it feels new again. And now something to add to my list - My Journey of Joy!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment