Thursday, October 22, 2009

My morning sky was amazing again and this time I got to share it with Jim. He left this morning for Tennesse at 4:00 am, and we both paused and gazed at the beautiful starlit sky laid out for our enjoyment. The moment of beauty passes quickly as the sun brightens the day, but I think of the sky often, and even during the day always find myself looking up --at clouds, at perfect blue sky, and sometimes looking into raindrops. But always looking at the expanse of sky with tremendous Joy.

As I was leaving the house for work today, a beautiful black Hawk soared above me. He was so graceful and so powerful as he swooped around the roof, circled the huge oak tree in the front yard, before soaring out of sight. I long to soar like the hawk. And while my feet don't seem to leave the ground, I am aware that my Journey of Joy is giving me wings. I soar with Joy as I look at my beautiful life that today was blessed with seeing that magnificent black bird.
Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment