Monday, November 2, 2009

I describe myself as an avid reader. I LOVE, love, love to read. It's very rare that I read a novel more than once, but there have been two, no three exceptions. I have read Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Claire Robison at least three times and it is my all time favorite. I have read Gone With The Wind two times and For Whom The Bell Tolls by Hemmingway at least 3 times. And if I did not have these books packed away, I believe I would read them again today, starting with Ride the Wind.

I love the way a book can carry you away. It is almost like meditation. The words grab your heart and your imagination and weave concoctions never heard or seen before. Mere words weaving and vining, and pushing, until at last, the words leave you breathless or weeping but always longing for more words.

I love to read but I long to write. I know all the words - now to joyfully allow the weaving, the vining and the pushing.

Here's to the Journey!

1 comment: