Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Appreciating the Good Stuff

I will be disconnecting my computer later this evening, and I wanted to get one more post before I pack up for the next few days.

Moving day is Friday, and the anticipation is building.  I was awake at 2:30 this morning and actually woke John up so that I would have an excuse to go outside and look at the stars.  John was not as excited about the view as I was, but it was so worth it.  As I came back in the house, I considered setting a lawn chair in the middle of the road so that I could spend the next couple of hours just soaking up the beauty - but the chairs are already in storage in Indiana somewhere, and I was sure I might frighten the neighbors.  So, I just fixed my coffee, closed my eyes and imagined the stars again.

I am also looking forward to driving through the mountains on Saturday.  It is the perfect time of the year to see the beautiful fall colors, and there is nothing more exhilarating than rounding those curves to more and more beauty each time.  When we drive through Kentucky, it feels like we are at the top of the mountains, and as we look over the valleys, it literally takes our breath away.

I am already planning my Sunday morning walk along the Ohio River.  I use to make this walk every morning at 5:00.  It was such a fabulous walk that Jim began to join me - and he has never walked that early with anyone!  That's how fabulous it is!

On Monday I have houses to look at as we start that nesting/settling process one more time.  With all of these wonderful things in store, I know the time is going to fly by as I appreciate the now and look forward to the all the good stuff that is coming.

Here's to the Good Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment