Sunday, November 4, 2012

Smells Like Strawberries




The past week has been a whirlwind and I am finally taking a time out to write.  Last Friday we packed our moving truck and drove Northwest for 12 hours on Saturday.  On Sunday everything went into storage and Jim and I spent a quiet evening in our new "cottage"  We spent Monday and Tuesday looking for housing in Louisville and then on Wednesday I headed Southwest to Memphis to spend time with Liz and her family.  I have been in Memphis for 5 days now and and in the meantime, Jim has found us a beautiful apartment to live in for the next 10 months.  Although I have not seen, the apartment, I know we will soon make it home and I am looking forward to the Northeast drive that will bring me back.

I have been blessed to spend the past several day with my grandsons who I adore and who thrill me more than words can describe.  We have shared Halloween candy, told knock-knock jokes, and they all did performances for me on the trampoline.  I pushed them on the swing under their big oak tree in the front yard, watched them play kick ball at the field next door, and enjoyed my first trip to Yogurt Nation.  I watched (and cheered) Fynn's last soccer game, I took the boys to Johnson Park - just like I use to - and enjoyed family movie night with all. (A totally boy movie!)

Saturday, as I was cleaning up after lunch, Rollin and Fynn ran outside to play in a pile of leaves Thad had made for them.  They came running back in to fetch me telling me the leaves smelled like Strawberries.  So I put my shoes on and headed for the front yard to see why the leaves in Memphis might smell like strawberries in the Fall.  Fynn bent down first inhaling deeply and looked at me with huge brown eyes, telling me "it's your turn, you've got to smell this!"  As I leaned down to smell this wonderful  strawberry smell that they had been talking about for so long, Rollin exploded from underneath the leaves scaring me--just as planned.  And I fell in love again with these wonderful boys who adore me, and love me more than words can describe.

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment