Monday, November 26, 2012

A Thankful Drive

Jim and I drove "home" for Thanksgiving - the town where both of us grew up in northern Indiana.  I have been looking forward to the drive for some time now because I knew we would see the windmills north of Lafayette on Highway 65.  The windmills stretch as far as you can see on both sides of the road for about 12 miles.  The whole time we were driving through them,  Jim and I sat in amazement at the beauty of these towering electric generators which are helping our beautiful earth. 









Although we reveled in the beauty of the drive, there is nothing like being with family for Thanksgiving and this long awaited trip revived the appreciation I have for the people who call me daughter, sister, aunt..........., ----but who all call me friend.  I am thankful for the drive that brought us all closer for a few days, for the many hugs and kisses given and received, and for a heart that returned home overflowing with love and gratitude.

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment