Friday, November 30, 2012

Old Routines - New Location

As we settle in to our home in Louisville, I find that we quite easily modify our old routines to fit this new city.  My early morning walks are just as spectacular as they always have been.  The drive to town is becoming more familiar.  The Kroger grocery store is only a 1/4 mile away, Costco just a couple miles, and Starbucks, 2.5.

The Christmas tree is decorated - with all of our favorite ornaments.  The Christmas dishes are unpacked and ready for December 1st.  Christmas cards are ready to be mailed,  the iPod is loaded with Christmas music - all familiar things we have done at every home.

 But then........we meet for lunch at Mark's Feed Store.  I visit shops and antique malls on Old Shelbyville Rd.  Jim discovers a hotdog place that reminds him of G&L from Muskegon - and he promises to take me.  I looked at web sites today and Wild Eggs is calling us to breakfast on Sunday, I am sure.  A juried craft show is being held at the local high school - and I will go in search of crafters.

We are Blessed with the familiarity of Old Routines, but Double Blessed to be adding New Routines in this New Location we call Home!

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment