Sunday, October 21, 2012

Waiting for Home

There is nothing left to pack at my house except my computer and my tooth brush - and both of those will wait just a few more days.  My 3rd floor office is empty, my bed stands alone in the master bedroom, and I have only a path from the stairs to the kitchen.  Boxes, furniture and plants are stacked higher than I can reach, and the rooms echo softly as I was thru them.

As often as I have moved, I am still amazed at how quickly we make a house a home, and then just as quickly strip the house of everything that made it home.  I find that when all of our stuff is packed in boxes and the pictures are removed from the walls, then I no longer feel the attachment to the building.  

That is how I feel tonight.  This building no longer feels like home and although it is a beautiful building and holds many wonderful memories for both Jim and I, I feel detached as I see each empty room.  As I gaze at the boxes and furniture to be loaded up on Friday,  I know somewhere, miles and miles away, a new home is waiting.

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment