Saturday, October 13, 2012

The "L" Word

I have not written in my Journey of Joy for months now, and huge changes are rumbling through our lives.  Just when I felt like we would be settling in to North Carolina for years to come, Jim was transferred to Louisville, Kentucky and we are in the process of moving again.  The house is (mostly) packed and I am finalizing the details of our lives here.

Most people who know me, consider me to be a professional when it comes to moving, and I must admit that I have a pretty good system (label EVERYTHING) for moving quickly and setting up a new home.  Of course, it helps so very much when I am aligned with the Universe and everything flows better than I could even have imagined.  As is the case with this move to Louisville. Exciting plans are materializing, and doors are opening.  On top of all of this wonderful excitement, Liz and Thad are also moving to Louisville, and I am realizing another dream come true - closer to the family that I love and adore.

Often Jim and I have talked of our moves, not quite sure when/if we would stay anywhere.  Sometimes tentative about sinking in our roots if a move might be looming.  So I was thrilled/surprised/inquisitive to hear Jim mention the "L" word last weekend.  His exact words:  Sandy, this might be our LAST move.  Now I have used this L word many times.  Our move to Florida was my last as was the move to Memphis, as was the move to Knoxville, as was the move to Charlotte.  I was confident that Liz and Thad were going to join us here in North Carolina, and we would call this home for many years to come.  And yet, there was no hesitation to start the move process again.

I will not hold Jim to the L word because I know, just like he does, we can not say No to life.  We are adventurers, and wanderers, and can never turn back when we see a corner just up ahead that we feel we must round.  And each and every time we are amazed with the view and the life we create as we continue to move forward.

Here's to the Good Life!  Ever changing, ever evolving, ever magnificent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment