Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just a Phone Call

Rollin called me today and asked me to come and pick him up. He wanted to spend some time with me. Then he asked if Tucker could come too! So, off I went to pick them up and the time with them has been utterly priceless.

At this moment, Jim is down at the cul-de-sac with Tucker, Rollin, 3 neighbor girls, and two neighbor boys and they are playing a game of baseball with one of our tennis balls. The kids range in age from 16 to 6 and I hear them laughing, yelling, and I can feel their smiles. Jim and I did not make any plans for this evening, and I marvel now how this one little phone call, changed our day, changed our evening and changed our life.

Joy is a phone call from a grandson followed by smiles and laughter.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment