Friday, May 13, 2011

Fynn and Me and Starbucks

I picked Fynneus up on Thursday morning and we headed straight for Starbucks. He is enjoying an Old Fashioned Donut and Organic Apple Juice while I have my old standard - Americano.

But the food and drinks were not nearly as important as the conversation. When I stop to listen to this child, I am amazed at his questions, his understanding and his beautiful soul.

While sitting there, Fynn asked me if I feel like I can fly. I didn't understand why he would ask me this, but he said, because you are so tall - do you feel like you are flying when you stand up? Everyone knows that I am not tall, barely reaching past five feet, yet I realized that to Fynn, someone standing 30 inches higher than he stands, well it might appear as though they are flying.

I began to think of how often I have wanted to fly. I have dreams of flying and I don't want to wake up. I look at the stars and moon on my early morning walks and as I stop by a grove of trees I so want to float above them. I remember as a little girl, looking at the sky and wanting to be there. And now, here with my grandson it looks like I am flying as I stand up here above his little body! And a part of me believes - Yes I am flying! As I take this Journey of Joy with so much love in my life, so much passion, so much beauty - I can't not fly!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment