Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Ruffles

When our daughters were small, I often made their Easter dresses. Usually matching, and sometimes I made one for me too. Ruffles and lace and ribbons - all the good stuff and a Bonnet with matching trim. Jelly shoes and little white gloves and off to hunt easter eggs.

The holidays have changed since that time. Now we celebrate Happy Spring with eggs and baskets and kites and chocolate. Jim and I still make Happy Spring baskets for our daughters as well as our son in law and grandsons so I have been busy making plans for next Sunday. Jenn lives so far away that mailing her basket is usually required so I will pack her box tomorrow. However, reminiscent of the earlier times, I have been sewing ruffles today. I am making Jenn a ruffle apron as part of her Spring celebration.

I laid the fabric out just this morning pinning pattern pieces and cutting along the lines. I changed the thread on both my sewing machines, turned on some really cool Law of Attraction music and jumped in. Everything seemed to be so in sync. My machines sewed perfectly. The ruffles ruffled just right, the seams lay smoothly, and wah lah! A beautiful apron - effortlessly! That is when I knew that creating this wonderful thing was the perfect thing to do today!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment