Monday, April 11, 2011

A Love That Will Last

This morning, after a quick stop at Starbucks, I drove to Liz's house to find the boys watching Toy Story 3 with Mom and Dad still sleeping peacefully. I joined the boys on the sofa and watched the movie with them and watched how beautiful they are. They all have had some sun now and are beginning to brown up like little hazel nuts. Their skin glows, their eyes shine and their smile widens when they see me. As each of them greeted me this morning I was thinking of how I have worked to cultivate this very moment.

I try always to love them unconditionally. To accept them as they are. To listen to their words. To respect and appreciate their uniqueness. To watch their beauty with awe. By doing so, I have cultivated a relationship with these little guys that is going to last a life time. I realize that changes will come as they grow older, and I will have my own changes, but this love and acceptance that we are cultivating now will last forever!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment