Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Stars, Stars and more Stars!

I went to the Memphis Planetarium today with Liz, Tucker, Rollin and Fynneus and got to see what the sky looks like without street lights shinning in your eyes. The stars and planets are so beautiful and it was a wonderful experience to see them all at once.

When I walk in the mornings, I try to find the darkest spot and then gaze skyward. Sometimes I block the light with my eyes in an effort to see more stars. The Planetarium doesn't let you miss a star! They are all there for your viewing pleasure and it makes me want to drive out of town where there are no lights, and look at the heavens! I wonder if Jim would like to take a 4:00 am drive with me sometime............

And for tomorrow I will have an even greater appreciation as I take my walk. I will know that there are so many more stars than my eyes can see - but that doesn't make it any less breath taking! Every single time!!!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment