Sunday, September 12, 2010

Seeds for the future



Jim and I spent the weekend in Mountain Home enjoying the beautiful scenery and time with fishing friends. On Saturday we woke to thunder, lightening and rain, but by 8:30 the sun was breaking through so we all continued on with our plans to kayak, canoe and fish the White River. (My plan was to "read" the river) This is one of the most beautiful rivers I have ever been on, and my kayak seemed to sail so smoothly. Jim kept stopping to fly fish so I moved swiftly ahead. I stopped on the banks and sat in the sun to read a book that I had packed - just for this occasion. Then I finished my trip paddling all the way back to our cabin just for the sheer joy of the movement through the water.

Sunday we woke to fog so thick that we could not see the river from our cabin, so the day's trip was cancelled and we headed home. I had planned to take my camera on the Sunday trip, so I missed getting the pictures of the beautiful landscape of the White River. However, I did get seeds for the beautiful plants covering the resort office. The owner of the resort had several names for this plant, but I just saw beautiful. So next spring, when the time is just right, we will start this gorgeous plant at our house and remember that wonderful day of Kayaking!

Here's to the Journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment