Saturday, January 28, 2012

In Storage

This morning after breakfast and grocery shopping, Jim and I stopped by our storage unit to pick up a few things for the apartment. While I'm sure I know everything that we have in storage, I was still surprised as we opened the garage like door and saw so many things that I had "forgotten". I saw a beautiful chair draped in sheets sitting high on boxes and things. I saw one of our sofas and the pretty throw pillows that make it so comfortable. I saw tables, rugs, antiques, silk plants, flowers, art work and pictures. It literally took my breath away to see and recall all the beautiful things we have in our lives, and I felt such joy to think about the house we will move to some day so that I get to live with all these beautiful things again.

We are comfortable in this cozy little apartment. We have everything we need right now - but I know, waiting just around the corner is so much beauty, so many memories, and so many good things to add to our lives. I am looking forward to unpacking a piece of our lives again!

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment