Thursday, August 4, 2011

Unpacking

We came back home with another Uhaul trailer full of "stuff" and I have spent Wednesday unloading and Thursday unpacking. I do marvel how the things we own seem to make us so comfortable. We brought our dinning room set this time and I have enjoyed putting it together and am already making plans to invite new friends to dinner. My Christmas stuff is all stored in the basement along with our winter clothes and I am feeling more and more settled.

I packed away antique blankets today. I set crystal candler holders on the dinning table. I cleared drawers so that I can sort beautiful kitchen utensils gathered from our many shopping trips. I put together my Himalayan Salt lamp from Liz. I found my Nag Champa incense to burn tomorrow. I hung a picture from a long ago time in Muskegon Michigan. I sorted through my grandsons art drawers and threw away numerous empty gum wrappers. I stacked trays of photos in the corner to peruse through at a later time. And then........

I packed a picnic and Jim drove me to the mountains. Wrapping up a beautiful day - unpacked and unwrapped!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment