Monday, August 8, 2011

Amenities


Jim and I made another trip to the sporting goods store tonight. New golf grips for him and finally new golf shoes for me. I can hardly wait to go golfing now!

It has been exciting to pursue some of the outdoor activities that we have enjoyed over the years. I think our kayaks will get more use here in Tennessee than they ever did in Florida. Our new backpacks have already been used frequently and I keep them packed and ready to go on a moments notice. We are hoping to break in our new light weight tent and sleeping bags this weekend - depending on the weather - and our bicycles have already logged more miles here than Florida and Memphis put together.

Today I bought emergency ponchos to keep in our packs. My picnic basket is stocked 24/7 and the coolers are always stored close by. Swimsuits and beach towels, as well as sunblock, are always waiting in my beach bag and Jim has his fishing gear ready at all times. The portable charcoal grill is packed and folding chairs lay close by.

I have an entire closet dedicated to hiking, camping and picnic stuff! And really, it all is just the necessary amenities for living by the mountains. Joy!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment