Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tomboy

I grew up with 3 brothers and learned early how to hold my own. I was a tomboy through and through and could do anything a boy could do. I loved climbing trees and playing cowboys. We spent our days in the yard and the woods making up games and filling our days with fun. We had no close neighbors so we used plenty of imagination, sticks and anything we could get our hands on to play.

When I turned 12 I became a girl - at least that is how I recall it. So when Jim gave me my first pocket knife today - an original Swiss Army campers knife - it made me think of my years as a tomboy. A time that will never be forgotten!

I don't climb trees any more but I do think that I will enjoy telling stories of me and my brothers. Each time I take this knife from my backpack I will remember those tomboy days!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment