Monday, April 12, 2010

Jim and I just returned home to a too quiet house. We dropped our beautiful daughter, Jenn, and her friend Josh, off at the Memphis airport early this evening. They are headed back to NYC after a weekend here with family. On Saturday afternoon, we saw Rudy and her children leave for their return trip home. We are alone after several days of having our home filled with those we love. And although our home feels empty, my heart feels so full of Joy.

I am so grateful to have spent time with Rudy and Devon and Griffin. Rudy has that special gift that allows her to peer into the souls of others, and to read their hearts so accurately. I adore her so very much, and I am so appreciative that we have reconnected at this time. Devon and Griffin shared their souls with me also while they were here, and it was an honor to see these two beautiful young people so filled with love - for themselves and for others. I love them more than I can express in these words that I to put together.

Having Jenn visit us was like the icing on the cake. She is so very beautiful, and a Joy to be with. Our family grew by one this weekend as her friend Josh joined with us and merged and meshed into our family. We were honored to have him in our home, and honored to have Jenn share her Love with us.

Of course, having all of this company brought Liz and her family to our house almost every day. We even did a whole family "sleep over" last night. And Jim and I smiled all morning as we stopped to say how grateful we were to have everyone "home". And it was good to acknowledge that we live in Tennessee so that all of us can be together when Jenn comes to visit. We all love to spend time as a family and we enthusiastically savor every minute for as long as possible. As we say our goodbyes, we are planning when we will be together again - soon.

Now as I wrap up my glorious day, I feel like my heart will burst at the abundance of my Joy.

Here's to the Journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment