Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Day At The Zoo!

Yesterday I painted for 12 hours. (I told you.......) So today I was thrilled when Liz called and invited Jim and I to go to the Memphis Zoo with them. After talking with Liz, Fynneus (3 yrs) called back and said in a very deep voice "Come to the Zoo!" So we did.

It was a beautiful sunny day in Memphis. We saw the giraffes being fed. We saw a polar bear playing in the water with a big blue barrel. We saw wolves, seals, antelope, elephants and so much more. But the best part of the day was spending time with the people I love so much. It is such a wonderful feeling to being walking along and have a little hand reach in and take my own. It's feels so good when one of them come running, full throttle, and throw their arms and legs around me and hugs me with all their might.

So when Rollin asked Poppa to put him upon this moose, I couldn't not take a picture of the Joy of our day. I wish now that Liz was in my picture, but she was close by, and it was wonderful to spend time with her. Life is so good.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment