Friday, April 23, 2010

I am addicted to painting. We have been in our house for 2 1/2 months, and I can't stop painting yet. When I start a project, I can't (won't) stop until 100% complete. And of course all the rooms needed a fresh coat, or a new color. I even bought a clear paint for my patio. (As if I didn't have enough indoor stuff to paint)

But I do love the satisfaction of a freshly painted room. Today as I continued painting our family room, I burned a sandalwood candle and I listened to Esther Hicks on my iPod. And it felt very satisfying to do this. As I painted, I made plans in my mind to sage the room when I am finished to be sure that Joy and Love fill our home.

But somehow I want to find a balance. I must balance my time for writing, for going to the gym, and for reading. I have been known to paint 12 hours a day without sitting down until dinner time. (I told you I'm addicted) And as I worry about my painting, I find myself feeling too materialistic. There are more important things than the color - or lack of color - in my home. So tonight as I wrap up the day, I will ask my Angels to grant me the courage to say to myself "enough painting already!"

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment