Thursday, January 28, 2010

Today I started to pack up or "dismantle" our apartment in anticipation of our move. I love packing because it gives me a chance to review my life. And so today as I packed I was amazed at how quickly Jim and I have adjusted to living here in this tiny, yet cozy apartment. We have felt totally at home and comfortable.

I think one of my favorite things about the apartment has been the fireplace. It has been a long time since we have had a fireplace, and we have spent many evenings sprawled on the floor watching the fire, reading a book or sometimes watching TV.

My little office is crammed full of boxes, and I have made bookshelves out of the stacks of boxes for the books I couldn't bear to be without for 2 months. Many of my small kitchen appliances are stacked on boxes in the walk in office closet, and the majority of things have never been unpacked. So here I am packing away everything I dragged out last November, and looking forward with excitement to discover all my hidden treasures in the boxes packed in Florida.

And I am excited about a few new things have been added to our moving list. I now have a toy box filled with dragons and warriors and castles to move. I have a little dresser with little boy clothes stashed away neatly, and I have a new box of our favorite games to play with Tucker, Rollin and Fynneus. All of this will be going to our new house. And that is delightful!

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment