Saturday, January 2, 2010

The second day of the new year and it is my birthday. I am 55 today. I have always had a hard time admitting my age, as though not saying it out loud could make it not so. However, I have found myself, this time around, not trying to hide, and this feels better.

I feel I must acknowledge these years I have lived, and honor all the phases I have passed and the woman I have become. I am not perfect, and that is not my goal. I want to live a life of Joy. I want to be surrounded by family and friends that I love. I want to speak my truth and allow others to speak their truth without judgment. I want to be creative in all areas of my life. I want to love.

Celebrating this birthday today reminds me that I have lived these years so that I can seek out in my life the things I want and the things that make me happy. Because of these years, I am aware that life is precious. I am aware that love is precious. And I know that allowing Moments of Joy into each and every day makes each day more and more precious.

I will remember this birthday for a long time. For this is the year that the number did not make me cringe. Instead, I feel this number has freed me from a closed mind that did not know the importance of time.

Here's to the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment