Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inventory

It's always good to come home. And this time is no exception. I have spent the day falling in love with my house all over again. And while I know I will be leaving it soon - - there is Joy in Loving.

I vacated the attic today and hauled my beautiful christmas tree to the garage. Along with 4 orange pumpkins, 1 christmas wreath, the sleeve for Alice's rag top, Jim's father's day hammock, bumpers from the boat we had in Florida, 3 plungers (why do we have so many?) 5 House for Sale signs (with our Florida address) and 1 baby crib. What the !@#$%^&*(!!! But then I remember...........

The christmas tree that my grandson's decorated only half way up this year.
The Pumpkins that held candles as we waited for Trick or Treaters
The wreath that I bought when we lived in columbus - and I change the bow on every year.
The sleeve that makes Alice look so sleek when we put the top down.
The hammock that fits 2 people.
The bumpers that kept "Sun Wolf" from banging the sea walls.
The plungers - well I still don't know why we have so many - we never ever have plumbing problems.........
For Sale signs to sell the house in Florida so we could move here - to be with our family.
And a baby crib that I bought 7 years ago when Tucker first joined us. And we have since used it for Rollin and Fynneus.

And so, we will take these things to Knoxville along with the memories and our stories. And we will find Joy when we unpack a christmas tree, 4 pumpkins, 1 wreath, 3 plungers, 2 bumpers.........

Joy is in everything!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment