Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Dilemma


I don't remember the last time I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - but that story has changed! This morning as I perused my kitchen for something to eat, I realized that the toaster is living in Knoxville, as well as my blender and my teflon skillets. I do still have my antique iron skillets here but my heart just wasn't in dragging one out.

The left over chicken in the fridge looked good, as did the hard boiled eggs I made yesterday, but neither of these appeared appetizing with the delicious single cup of coffee I was in the process of brewing. (Ahhhhh, scooping fresh coffee beans into my grinder. Pouring boiling water slowly, but with great anticipation. Then......that one most excellent cup of love to start my day!)

So what to eat as I savor my coffee????? Looking in the fridge I noticed a jar of my newly made Strawberry Jam - and it hit me. The perfect breakfast for this perfect day with this perfect cup of coffee is a PJ&B sandwich.

The next time anyone asks when was the last time I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I will remember this perfect day - filled with joy from the very start!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment