Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Transformer Forever

Last Saturday I finally had the opportunity to paint my office.  It was the last room in the house to paint and I had deliberately put it off knowing that it would/could wait.

Actually, I purchased the paint months ago intending it for my family room and kitchen.  As I painted that room back in September, I could just "feel" that it was not the right color.  This doesn't happen very often, but occasionally I have to re-paint. I ended up painting the family room and kitchen a beautiful light green - and it FEELS so right!

However, I still had one and a half gallons of "Strawberry Malt" left over and only one little room to paint.  I added a gallon of white to the Malt and wah lah!  I created a beautiful concoction  that seemed perfect for my office.  I spent Friday prepping the walls and painting the ceiling and by Saturday morning I was ready with my new color.

I was unprepared for the feeling that came over me as I painted these walls.  I was flooded with a feeling of newness, an excitement for the change I was creating, and an eager anticipation of good. Long after I finished painting, I kept coming back into my office to turn on the light and marvel at the transformation.

That really is is what painting is all about, transforming something into beauty, even if the beauty is only in my eyes.  Which made me think of my own transformation.

My own transformation has not been as easy as a coat of paint, but my changes are none the less real.   Learning to Think differently because I choose to.  Learning to React differently because I can.  Learning to be more Loving because it feels better.  Learning to Allow, to Flow, and to Accept.  Learning to Meditate because it is important to me.  Voraciously Reading to absorb new concepts and letting go of old habits because it's time.

I hope my own transformation has brought to the surface a beauty that can be seen and heard,  but especially felt by those who know me.  And I hope that I will continue as a transformer forever!

Life is Forever Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment