Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Simple Pleasure

I purchased a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker about 3 years ago but I have only made chocolate ice cream two times. It has mostly sat boxed on a shelf in storage.  I often look at my recipe booklet dreaming of home made ice cream but not committing to making it happen.

Recently I have been considering strawberry ice cream, which is one of my favorites.  So when my grandson, Tucker, came to spend the night yesterday I decided (finally) that it was time to do it!

He helped me measure sugar, cream, vanilla and more.  We chopped fresh strawberries in the food processor and then set the mixture in the fridge to chill.  As we poured the pink liquid into the ice cream mixer later that evening we all were grinning with anticipation.  However, we agreed to put the ice cream in the freezer for 5 minutes before we served it.

As expected, it was delicious!  I was reminded again that some of the most important things in my life are really so simple.  Chopping strawberries and sharing a dessert with people I love.  Creating something that makes everyone smile.  And Tucker telling me that this ice cream really is good enough to buy at a store.   Truly the simple pleasures of Life!


Life is Always Good!




No comments:

Post a Comment