Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Counting The Ways

I began a notebook a few years ago called My Book of Positive Aspects.  I have written about this book before, but as I packed it today for my trip north, I began to think of the things I have written over the years.  Even though I do not write in it every day, I never leave home without it.

Listed in this notebook are the things I love about the people in my life, especially my husband. I began this book as an experiment to look for the positive aspects, thereby focusing on the good.  I have been amazed at what a list will do for your attitude.

When I list all the things I love about Jim, I feel so much joy in our relationship.  As I appreciate even the smallest detail in writing, I naturally express that appreciation in my words and actions.  I have become move loving, and our marriage has become a haven for both of us.

I love the poem that begins "How do I love thee, let me count the ways."  I have counted for years and I have pages and pages of lists.  Today, I still find myself counting more things to love about this man who loves me back with all his heart"  

Life is Always Good With Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment