Friday, September 30, 2011

Starting the Day

One of my favorite times of the day is early in the morning when it is still dark outside, drinking a cup of delicious coffee and reading one of my (loved) books. Then a short time given to meditation and I feel like my day is off to a wonderful start.

But really, my morning starts before all that. When I awake in the morning, still lying in bed, I begin to think of all the things I am grateful for, I think of all the people in my life whom I love so much, I think of the beautiful day ahead - and I know it's going to be a beautiful day long before I get out of bed.

Actually, my morning is planned the night before. Sometimes as I fall asleep I am so excited for the day that is coming. Excited for the wonderful rest and sleep I know I will have and how good I am going to feel in the morning when I realize I am awake. I know I will wake up smiling because I am smiling as I fall asleep.

How can you start a day better than that? Waking up with a smile followed by gratitude, coffee, reading and meditation! This is the good life! And it all begins with a smile the night before.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment