Sunday, September 18, 2011

Humbled by the Mountains


Today we hiked Rich Mountain Trail and at the top met a young(er) couple who said they were being quite humbled by the hike. This was a two mile hike with a final elevation of over 1600 feet. I am not sure of the elevation where we started, but it was uphill all the way. We stopped occasionally to enjoy the beauty, the views, to listen for sounds, to rest and to drink water. However, the words of this man stuck with me and I began to think how a mountain will humble us.

I was humbled by the sheer size of this beautiful formation. Humbled by the beauty and sounds of nature. Humbled by the magnificent Source who created this beauty. Humbled by our amazing bodies who carried us up the mountains and down. Humbled by the senses which take in the smells, the sights, the sounds. Humbled by a path that many have walked. And in the end, humbled by a love that led Jim and I to the top of the mountain and back.

For all of this, I am grateful!

Here's to the Ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment