Friday, September 9, 2011

Another Night, Another Lesson


This morning John Wayne decided that he needed a drink of water and a few minutes outside. I finally (begrudgingly) got out of bed at 2:00 am, filled his water bowl and opened the back door. As I stepped outside I was amazed at how bright it was, like a light was shinning on the back porch. I looked up and saw a full moon, glowing so brightly that I stood in amazement. Normally, for me to see the moon at 2 a.m. would not be such a big deal but we have had clouds and rain for the past 6 days - no sun, no moon, no stars. And here I was (another lesson from John) looking at the sky and enjoying the most beautiful sight that I could imagine at that time in the morning. I stood on the patio for several minutes taking it all in - and feeling gratitude that John wanted to go outside.

When I got up again at 6, the clouds covered the dark sky and there were no stars or moon to be found anywhere and we have endured another day of mostly clouds.

So I feel special gratitude tonight for that interlude at 2 this morning that allowed me a glimpse of beauty that I would have missed had it not been for the lesson that John wanted to impress on me again!

Though out the day my thoughts have gone again and again to those few minutes standing on the patio - and I can only feel love and appreciation for a Universe as lovely as ours! And for a dog who knows (somehow) how to get me to the place to see the loveliness. Even at 2 in the morning

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment