Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting My Joy On

I have been acutely conscious of not writing my blog for the past few weeks as we settle into our new life in North Carolina. Although I did not write my Joy each day, that did not keep me from experiencing my Joy.

As I learn my way around town I realize how quickly I adjust to a new life style. We are living in a second floor apartment again, something we did in Collierville for 3 months. I am waiting to go back to C-ville to pick up my washer and dryer and in the meantime making a weekly trip to the laundromat.

I drive down Main street as often as possible to see the life going on there. The restaurants and shops draw my attention and I found myself on a Sunday morning at 7:30 am driving Main Street, just observing all that is going on in this beautiful town. My favorite seat at the laundromat affords a complete view all the way down Main and I sit there mesmerized by the bustling activity.

Of course we have ventured past the city limits checking out a cluster of small towns outside of Charlotte. We drove out to Crowder Mountain and the Blue Ridge Mountains. We drove north to Blowing Rock and Boone, each time expanding our horizons and thrilled for the new sights and experiences added to our personal history.

We have found a park 3 blocks away that we walk John Wayne to several times a week and let him run like the wind. The Caravan coffee shop is 4 blocks away and their Americano's compare to Starbucks any day. A new (to us) pizza place out on Wilkinson Blvd pulled us in right away. A catfish restaurant out on New Hope Road keeps calling to us.

John Wayne has made a new friend in the neighborhood - a little black and white Shih Tzu named Cora that he is crazy about. Jim and I attended a Chamber of Commerce Networking and met business people from around town. We attended a concert at the Belmont Abby and enjoyed the beautiful music of Thomas Pandolfi. We are making plans to tour the Botanical Gardens. I have driven to the Gardens and can't wait to see the beauty that awaits us.

Wonderful opportunities are waiting us here and as I begin my early morning walk like I have always done where ever we live, I remind myself that I am open and receptive to Joy.

Here's to the Good Life!

1 comment:

  1. :) This made me smile! Hope we get to see ya'll soon! <3 -Marcee

    ReplyDelete