Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Writing Anniversary

Yesterday marked the second year anniversary of my Journey of Joy Blog. I spent the day looking for a new home in North Carolina. When I began this blog we lived in Florida and sold our house the day after beginning these writings. After that we moved to the Memphis area to be closer to Liz and her family. We moved to Knoxville for 6 months and now, two years later, and having only been in North Carolina for 2 days, we are starting over.

But this Journey that I am on is clearer today than it was before. Of course we have been tossed a few unexpected curves, but I think I learn better from the curves and the hills than just that easy open road.

I have to say that the highlight of this past years was living by the Smoky Mountains. I never imagined how much I could be "in love" with nature. The mountains are breath taking. The streams startling, and the trees so lush and green that we could not bear to be out of the mountains for more than a few days at a time.

Our drive to North Carolina from Knoxville was one of the most beautiful drives I have ever been on. I followed Jim though the mountains and my heart sang at the beautiful changing colors, the shadows, the sunlight. Ahhhhhh, I could go on and on.

Other wonderful highlights include time with family. Nothing is better than spending time with my daughters. And although I have not seen Jenn since last Christmas, I feel her love every day. I have been blessed to see Liz often while we were in West Tennessee. She and Thadeus are a joy to be with. And our three grandsons, -there are not enough words to descirbe the joy and beauty they bring to our lives.

The one constant in this ride has been Jim. My husband of so many (but not enough) years. The man who loves me beyond measure, and enjoys this journey as much as I do. My sister, LaDonna sent me a song today that sums up how I feel about Jim. "When you put your arms around me, I am home." No matter where we are, where this Journey takes us, he keeps me grounded and brings me home with just his touch.

This past year has been a wild ride. A Joy Ride. And I all I know is that I am right where I am suppose to be (for today anyway!)

Enjoying this Ride and looking forward to the next roller coaster curves and hills that await me.

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment