Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Natural Reading Room


Today Jim and I rode our bike through Cades Cove. It is a one-way road through the park and on Saturday morning they close it off to motor vehicles until 10:00 am. It is 11 miles around the cove and we covered it in 2 hours. But during that 2 hours we saw wild turkey meandering the fields. We saw deer content to nibble grass and trees as we took their picture. We had to stop as 8 bucks jumped the fence, crossed the road in front of us and jumped the fence to the other field. We rounded a corner and found dozens of people watching a wild bear in the woods. The people did not bother him at all. He turned over logs looking for bugs and meandered around the side of the mountain - in no hurry to leave us.

After our ride, we drove to a quiet place by the river. Jim fished and I set up to read. I realized that I had the most perfect reading room in the world. So here is my view of the reading room provided to me today. Gorgeous!

Joy is reading in Nature!

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment