Friday, July 22, 2011

Filling Empty Spaces

Liz and her family left yesterday afternoon and I have been trying to keep busy so that I do not notice the quietness.

As I listen for the sounds of family I hear the AC kick in. The fridge just dropped ice into the ice maker. The neighbor's dog is barking. The dryer just buzzed another load completed. My computer just beeped a new email received. The dishwasher is still noisily banging the pots and pans.

And yet, from some where, I hear Tucker and Rollin and Fynneus laughing. I hear them tell me that they love me. Rollin is telling me again about losing his first tooth. Tucker is asking to watch monster bugs on the discovery channel. Fynn wants to go to Starbucks. Rollin is looking for chalk to write on my basement floor. Tucker is checking out his bicycle and getting ready for a ride. Fynn needs to go shopping so that I can buy him a tackle box. All of them want to know when they will see me again.

Today I am filling empty spaces with the wonderful memories we created in just a few short days. And I am feeling blessed beyond words. Joy beyond definition. Love that is boundless.

Here's to the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment