Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shared Beauty

Jim and I visited our first Mississippi State Park since moving to the mid west. We hiked around their artesian fed lake with John Wayne and with weighted back packs to make the hike a little more challenging.

We are planning to go back to New Hampshire this fall for some hiking and kayaking in the mountains, so we are spending a portion of each weekend hiking and week days getting physically fit. Our longer term goal is to hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail.

But with each hike, each walk, I see something new. Today I saw Cypress trees standing stately in the lake. I stood in a large clearing at the top of a hill overlooking the water and imagined others who have walked this trail for years and years before me. And I felt Joy standing under the clear sky, trees reaching straight up, knowing that this beauty had been shared with others.

Here's to the Ride!



No comments:

Post a Comment