Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Cold Day

I have been waiting for a cold day because I promised Fynneus a trip to Starbucks for a hot chocolate.  He has decided that he should have an adult size drink and was anxious to order a Tall from their menu.  He had 2 old gift cards that I had given him a couple of years ago and wanted to do his school work while we hung out at Starbucks.

The temperature today barely made it to the mid 40's so I picked Fynn up after school and we headed for Starbucks.  He got his tall hot cocoa and a donut and a nice booth to work on writing and math.  I wrote math problems on our food bag and he wrote words on a blank sheet of paper from his book bag.    We did speed writing, and regular writing.  He counted by 10's to 370 and added numbers in his head when I gave him problems to solve.  He thought of 3 words that rhyme with ice (dice, mice and rice) and told me stories about his class room, his brothers and his mom and dad.

As I write this, Jim is in the other room reading Fynn a story about a baseball player, the fire place is blazing and I am thankful again for A Cold Day!



Life is Always Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment