Friday, April 27, 2012

Squirrels Running In Circles

I am blessed to sit by 3 windows in my office with a view of the front yard and walkway flanked by two beautiful huge oak trees.  I often get distracted with the activity on Myrtle Street - deliveries, clients and co-workers dashing by my window - to get to work or to book travel.  People walking their dogs - or dogs walking their people.  Semi trucks backing up to the middle school with precious lunch cargo, and parents lining up at 2:45 to pick up their children.  I often see families walking down Myrtle to the Belmont City park - just a half a block a way.  I notice the mail person, the Fed Ex guy and UPS one too - each of them trying to memorize my last name as I sign for packages in a scribble that is not discernible - not to them anyway.

And as I pause today because of a flicker of activity to my right, I see two grey squirrels in the middle of Myrtle running in circles, happy as can be.  I assume happy as can be - and it gives me joy to imagine their joy - in the middle of Myrtle Street - running in circles.  Maybe I should try that too.....

Here's to the Good Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment