Saturday, December 10, 2011

Writing Joy = Feeling Joy

Each morning I open the web site for my blog, and each evening I have been shutting down my computer all the while ignoring that I have not written my Joy. I must admit that I have been more than a little lazy in not living up to the goal I have set for myself - to write my Joy as often as I can.

I have been caught up in the day, forgetting how powerful these little words are for me. I feel empowered when I pull the words down and put them on this page - the words that describe how I feel, how I love, how I Joy.

It never takes me long to put the words together. The stories that make up my day come easily as I sit to write. The feelings and emotions that filled my day with Joy all seem to come flooding back and the words and stories flow.

But I have let time slip by without words and I have begun to realize how important these words are to me and for me.

It is the words that describe the Joy of the beautiful mountains that Jim and I drove through today. The gorgeous moon shining outside our front door. The delicious Americano that we picked up at starbucks today. The beautiful boots that I wore with the 2 inch heel. The rolling hills as I drove the last leg of the journey home. The hot apple pie I took out of the oven at just the right moment. And it was that moment that Jim grabbed me and hugged me - just because!

As I write the words, the Joy floods me again and I am revivified. Ahhhhhh Yessssss! I needed this writing session. It fills me with Joy to write my Joy!

Here's to the Good Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment